For those of you who feel like your doomed to having a few extra unwanted pounds because of a "slow" metabolism; Rejoice! When it comes to your metabolism, you do have some control!
There are plenty of ways to stoke the metabolic fire and many of them are really simple.
I was listening to the product developer of the natural products that I share with people to get healthy and below are 5 tips he was talking about that ramp up your metabolim along with my personal observations.
1. Eat more protein, less carbs and fat. The thermic effect of protein is significantly higher than that of fat or carbohydrates with some estimates putting it at 30%! Do not increase your overall caloric intake but shift your eating habits to reflect the thermic effect of food.
This can be done with just making the decision to do better. If you buy healthy, you will reach for healthy when hungry.
2. Meditate. You read that correctly, just meditating can lower stress levels and therefore allowing you to effectively and quickly lower cortisol levels. This then has a positive impact on metabolism and hormonal balance.
Although not the same as meditating, I am also a massage therapist and I don't receive enough massages. I do have a steam canopy and I give myself steam treatments a few times per week. I completely relax while i am in the canopy. All work ceases during that time. Actually I am definitely going to give myself one today.
3. Sleep at least 7 hours. One study showed one night of sleep deprivation created a temporary reduction in metabolic rate of up to 7%. Chronic lack of sleep is far worse, leading to imbalanced hormones and creating havoc for your entire body.
This is something I must work on. I am so focused and busy with my businesses, that at night I am up late because everyone else is asleep, lol and I can get a lot done. Unfortunately I don't sleep in very late, therefore my rest is cut short. I am attempting to remedy this and shut down at night at a specific time. Your body can't heal well without sleep.
4. Exercise. We all know this one but a key fact to keep in mind is different types of exercise create differing effects on your metabolism. While steady state cardio is good for burning calories, it doesn't create the prolonged metabolic increase of high intensity interval training combined with weight training/ body weight training.
I know many people do Not like to work out, they hate it actually. But you must change the way you think about exercise.
I have had 3 back surgeries, so walking normal for long periods hurts me, but if I walk briskly or jog, I am fine.
Start going for a brisk walk several times per week. Build up to longer times. Even if you start off with just 10 minutes, it is better than nothing. It will ignite your metabolism.
5. Fat Burners. Yes, stimulants do temporarily boost your metabolism. This effect is created by stimulating your body's central nervous system. A good fat burner will contain a blend of natural stimulants in addition to complementary ingredients shown to boost the overall effect.
Most people do not have any issues with fat burners, I on the other hand, with my allergic to everything self, even natural ingredients and chocolate, ugh, have issues. I can't take most fat burners, I usually feel kind of nauseated. Why? Who knows..
Always consult with a physician prior to any new regimen, whether it’s diet, exercise or supplements. Sometimes our own body chemistry reacts a certain way to different herbs. What works for one, someone else may be allergic to. I know I am raggedy, lol, not really, but I am allergic to so many things, it’s annoying. But where there’s a will there is a way.
Another way to boost your metabolism and lose 5-15 lbs in 8 days, is our natural products system. Contact me for more info.
* IMPORTANT:* My opinion and the opinions on this site, are NOT what you should base your own healthy living decisions off of. Please keep in mind that the information on this site including any answers to your questions is for informational purposes only. These are our experiences only. It is not medical advice and cannot replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care practitioner, Doctor.
Looking to Learn and Transform your life?
I can teach ya a few things.
Let's Create A Life You Deserve
We are all imperfect striving to be better, I hope.